Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Back to Hong Kong...


So before I start telling you about my trip back to Hong Kong, I want to show you how Taiwan music packaging looks. This is the packaging for Elva Hsiao's new CD "瀟灑小姐“ which translates to Miss Natural and Unrestrained。 The contents inside are the CD,a DVD with a Music video, discount to colored contact lenses, and 24 page spread of Elva。 I guess CD sales are so bad now,they need to attract people to buy CDs by throwing in all this extra stuff。I wish all CD sales were like this!!
The CD itself isn't that great。 There are only 2-3 songs I like, and the title song has a cool music video. I'm happy she's starting to write some of her own lyrics, but the song itself is very corny, esp. the last one that has a very religious tone to it. The last song has a male vocalist who is trying to preach, but it just comes off as dumb.

I'm more impressed with Ms. Amber Guo's 郭采潔 newest CD "Sparklers"

The first song hooked me into the CD and I can't stop listening to it. Give it a listen. Not only is she one of the cutest girls ever, but her voice is very cute as well. This song has great lyrics and instrumental.


Alright, so yes, here we go on with the blog. I returned to the beloved city of Hong Kong for a 3 day trip because my cousin, Teddy was getting married!!
I sure do miss this city, for it's people, family, shopping, and of course food.
So before I even went back, I made a list of things I wanted to eat.
Here are some of the items:

First lunch, upon arrival was Cafe de Coral, a fast food chain throughout Hong Kong. They have GREAT Cantonese BBQ though, seen hanging here. There is roasted duck, BBQ pork, and Soya Chicken among others
Got my fix of Honey BBQ Pork and Roasted Duck. Delicious, topped off with a hot cup of Horlick
At night, I made my friend take me to my favorite sushi/Japanese buffet in Mong Kok. I went all out
My favorite in the buffet: Flower Lover, a concoction of salmon, rice, salmon roe, and sweet Japanese mayo
A trip to Tsui Wah, a famous chain of Tea houses in Hong Kong, was also on the list. Here is their amazing Borsche soup, which my friend Kathy Prince calls it "crack soup" Helllla good
and my favorite on their menu. Sizzling plate D: Pork Chop with Onion sauce. Goddammn I'm starving looking at this now
Abalone with Goose foot. Very expensive but popular Hong Kong delicacy
Satay King's White curry Pork Chop. Tastes like an orgasm, esp. when mixed with rice.
CUPCAKES!!
My "breakfast" at 8:00AM for my flight at the airport. BBQ Pork Ramen and Japanese goya dumplings....Needless to say, I think I gained some weight in Hong Kong...
So, on the streets of Mong Kok, at night time, there are a lot of street performers. The bottom two are a duo that really stuck out for their crazy outfits and attitude, singing Mandarin Oldies. Check out the guy's outfit. -__-
Also knows how to look for the camera. haha
I stayed in the Intercontinental Hotel with my cousin Cindy. Not only did it have heaven's equivalent to a breakfast buffet, but it also had a NICE view of the Harbor.
Wednesday night, Teddy and Margi held a tea ceremony where basically older relatives share a cup of tea with the newlyweds and give them a gift of golden jewelry and/or red pouch money to wish them prosperity and fortune in their marriage.
Kiss! What everyone wants to see at a wedding
Signing the marriage agreement which leads to the marriage 2 weeks later if no objections are announced
Giving a speech about how much they love each other. Margi is gorgeous. Check out the golden jewelry, we were joking that she could lift weights with them
It's nice to see family again! From left to right is me, cousin Cindy, Teddy, Ronald and wife, Phoebe
Ronald and Phoebe took me back to their new place. It looks Niiiiceee. They had a mini grand piano as well.
And their view from the 30th floor. Although it's an Amazing view of HK, looking down is quite freaky
My card design for Teddy and Margi. I was actually just planning to draw the Chinese character which means "double happiness" a common letter on marriage cards, but my plan to draw it in the center obviously didn't go well, so I improvised with adding a phoenix and dragon, which....yeah.....didn't come out that nice, but hey, points for creativity?
Front design
Margi, in the yellow, looked gorgeous the night of the soiree. I've never seen Teddy so dressed up either. Happy for you guys!
Attending the soiree. The hall ways had a very colonial feel
The tent with live band music
The Tarot card reader! Told me that I had to admit a lot of things about myself if I wanted to progress myself in my love life. Also said I had a lot of sorrow, which was thwarted me to grow in my love life and I had to admit the things to myself. A few things he said were quite on-spot.
The Hullet House, where the soiree took place. A very nice venue and is near the harbor in TST. It's also a fashion mall at the bottom levels.
So of course, we had to end the night with a session of Karaoke, or as Canto people put it "sing K" Here is me and cousin belting out a duet together. Great shot! haha
Well, I returned to Taipei the next morning at 8AM (never again am I flying that early), and I have to say, coming back to Taipei now feels like home....

Gonna spend the next week getting ready for my next 2 rounds of the competition for the top 20 spot. Wish me luck!

2 comments: