Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yehliu Geopark

So I do this thing once a week where I "go on a date with myself." I once read in a book somewhere it was good to do this for self-growth and self-appreciation purposes. Going on dates does not include spending time alone, but requires doing things outside of your normal realm of comfort. Supposedly, this process helps stimulate creativity and so far, I do have to say it does seem to work! Anyways this week I chose to take my date outside of Taipei city. I decided to go to Yehliu Geopark in the northern coast of Taiwan. I've been planning to go there since I came to Taiwan so I decided that today was the day! I first went to the Kuo Kuang buses at Taipei Main Station west bus terminal A(tickets are @96NtD).


1 hour ride outside of the city and I found myself in a fisherman harbor town. Once I got off the bus, the way to the park was marked by a big sign - good to know I was in the right place!








A temple found along the way to the park. I always find the temples in Taiwan to be nicely designed. This one was no exception.


After a short walk past numerous seafood restaurants, I arrived at the park entrance: at 50 NTD, the price is well-worth it.



When my mom came to Taiwan in January, I had hoped to rake her to the park, but we never made it because of time. So I skyped with her today so that she could be there with me! I also joked that she saved the admission price haha


"the queen head has gotten so much smaller!" the Queen Head" is one of the main attractions the park is most known for. Her neck is predicted to break soon though due to erosion, so that was another reason why I chose to come to the park.


"don't get too close!!! It's dangerous!" (mom being a mom)




"what the heck is that? @ the fairy slipper rock. It's hard to tell when it's so far away but here's a closer look





"this kinda looks like a ..."
Me "yeah, it does. Mother Nature is so perverted'
Mom "Hahahah"



It was starting to get late for mom so I let her go to see after I gave her a view of the sea. I continued exploring the park some more



Sand dollar


View of the park



Cool looking rock



Cave! I love caves






At the end of the gave was a little creepy figurine. It gave me the creeps so I didn't get too close.


The cave entrance looks vaguely to be the shape of Taiwan. How appropriate !



Parade of "water cockroaches" had to be at least 1000 of them



Gorgeous water!! In the distance is turtle island. A lot of fishermen around



Honey comb rock







I don't know why but the last two big rocks look like sea monsters to me. The first a big scary jellyfish monster and the second looks like a big scary squid monster



Foot-shaped hole



Awesome sign "weeeeeeee"



Deadly drop. So the sign was appropriate but why is there rope there ?



Climb to the top was a bit tiring



But well-worth the nice view






The rocks on the right are known as "tofu rocks"



Hahah the boulder has a small retard face




Ape rock (actually looks like one if you look at it in the right angle)



I think this is supposed to be something ... Looks like a peanut to me. What do you think?



In line to take pictures with the queen



Proud to be a tourist









Mushroom rocks


Heart rock



Cool shadows



Hahah such a nerd



Queen head 2 (queen imposter!!!)



It was time to leave, but I had to stop by The Queen Restaurant before I returned to Taipei! Ordered fried rice and stir-fried fish belly. Yumm!



Cool! Maybe I should return next year to check it out



After sweating the whole day, I was ready to go home but it really was a great adventure!

1 comment: