Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Come here Pigi Pigi...... + Brown Sugar


Recently, I have come across a VERY delicious restaurant that I highly recommend to everyone who loves Japanese-infused burgers. Actually, prior to eating at this restaurant, called Pigi Pigi, I really never had any contact or experiences with Japanese burgers. However, the experience was definitely surprisingly delicious and I really want to spread the food love. 

Alright, so first things first. The address to this wonderful, wonderful restaurant is:

Da An Road, Sec. 1, Lane 51, No. 22
Taipei City, Da An District
Phone: (02) 2741-9717 (No reservation needed)
Open Hours: Everyday 12:00-02:30
Nearest MRT: Zhongxiao Fuxing on the Bannan Line (Blue)

When you reach the restaurant, the first thing you'll notice is the pig at the front door. Yes. A real life pig. I'm actually quite sure that in many countries, keeping a pig in such a small pen is considered animal cruelty, but if no one complains about it, neither will I. Anyways, once you get past the novelty, you'll enter a relatively small-sized restaurant. I've been twice to this restaurant in the past week (I liked it THAT much) and both times, it hasn't been really busy, which is quite surprising considering the moderately-inexpensive menu. There are a lot of burgers and Japanese-style cuisines to choose from, as well as a large drink menu (the restaurant becomes a bar after 9:00PM). 
I ordered the Japanese deep-fried pork burger with "hard" bread. It was AMAZING. Make sure you add cheese because the melted cheese on top of the deep-fried pork cutlet makes the burger a LOT better. I chose the special home sauce the first time (which is sweet and tangy), and the curry sauce the second time. I have to say, the curry sauce is SO, SO good! The curry taste just right; it isn't too heavy or too light. I was really impressed. The burger plus the fries were only 180NTD + 30NTD for the cheese (WORTH IT). Also, if you order an entree, you can get the "combo", which only includes any drink on the drink list for half price. I got the oreo milkshake, which I also highly recommend. It was just the right amount of oreo, and wasn't too sweet.


That's me, taking a food selfie. I look happy because the serving size was quite large. If the picture was taken afterwards, I would have been even happier because the food was really good




Dinner was with my ol' friend Teena, and my dear brother, Charlie. We were all satisfied with our meals. They both ordered the Pork Cutlet Burger MENCHI style, which was essentially the same one I got, only with onions. Teena got the Salsa sauce. I didn't have any of it, but she said it was good (I still think you should get the curry!)
_________________________________________________________________________________

So after a satisfying dinner, we headed out to BROWN SUGAR, in Xinyi District to listen to our lovely friend Eve Ai 艾怡良。 This girl can SING! If you are interested in live music, Brown Sugar is definitely a good choice. For the rest of May 2014, Eve will be singing here starting at 10:00PM until midnight, so come out! If you are ever are in the mood for some good live music, Brown Sugar is one of the classier choices of pub music in Taipei. The drinks are priced moderately-high in Taipei standards, but are generally well-made. I hear Salsa nights are really fun too if you are into that kind of thing. 

Address: No. 101, Songren Road
Taipei City, Xinyi District
Phone Number: (02) 8780 1110 (Reservations only accepted before 8:00PM. After 8:00PM it's first come first serve and there's a minimal amount you need to order per table guest- generally on weekdays, reservations aren't really needed and you can always choose to sit at the bar where there isn't a minimal charge)
Nearest MRT: A good 10 min walk from MRT Station Taipei City Hall Exit 3. Bannan Line (Blue)
Open Hours: 12:00PM-5:00PM; 6:00PM-4:00AM
Website:http://www.brownsugarlive.com 



 


STEPHEN'S SCORES! (Out of 10)

Pigi-Pigi   :  ********* (9)  Great food, great price, lots of drinks to choose from
Brown Sugar: ******* (7) Great live music (esp. with Eve), great atmosphere, may be a bit pricy for some, and reservations not accepted after 8:00PM can be a bit inconvenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment