Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Buffets

Buffet.

This word use to sound like magic to my ears. In Virginia, whenever I walked into a buffet restaurant, the owners would shudder in fear and pray that I didn't eat them out of business. I could eat and eat and eat, with no remorse and leave the empty restaurant with a smile on my face and a satisfied belly.

Those days are over

I just came back from a buffet and only after eating a few small plates, I nearly exploded at the table. Literally. I felt like my stomach was about to combust and all the Korean food I had joyfully downed (it was a Korean buffet) was going to come back out, only with an extra flavoring of stomach acid.

I was very disappointed in myself. I use to be so much better at this, but now, I'm reduced to eating a normal amount and not the entire restaurant. This is the second time I nearly died eating a buffet. The other time was two weeks ago, I ate at a Vietnamese buffet and afterwards we watched Precious. I felt like dying the whole time I watched Precious trudge across screen. I felt like her after she had the fried chicken. I feel for her, I really do.

What is this world coming to? When can I eat as much as I use to?


4 comments:

  1. "those days are over"

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    same thing happened to me at india garden yesterday. weak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do buffets either...and I don't feel bad because Vinh has become a wuss as well. It is probably better for our stomachs this way...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My buffet glory days are over, too... :(
    I really need to pace myself or I get full too quickly! Miss you Stephen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well just because it's a buffet, doesn't mean you have to eat everything. I think it's a good sign, it shows you are growing a better taste bud and eat selectively and wisely, and not just shove everything in sight into your belly, without tasting and enjoying all the savory flavors.

    ReplyDelete