Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shoe Night

This is my first blog (WOOT WOOT*) Hooray!
I've been thinking, I really want to start updating my friends on my life and also having a record of all the good memories I'm creating in Hong Kong. I have a terrible memory, so this is the best way for me to remember what the hell I actually do here. Thanks Laura and Vee for your inspiration to do this (Shout-out to their fun blog: http://ly-vip.blogspot.com/)

I often wonder what makes me stay up so late. I've attempted to sleep at earlier times with the prospect of waking up earlier to do things, but I always end up getting too much sleep and waking up hours later than desired. Isn't it better to just accomplish the things you need to get done before you sleep so at least it's guaranteed completion?

Tonight, my mission into the night was to clean my shoes.

On a Saturday night, after 4.5 hours of dancing (jazz, Hip-hop, and Popping) and 1.5 of gym, I just wanted to stay home and clean my shoes. My shoes go through a lot! Dancing, working out, walking all over Hong Kong, which isn't the cleanest city in the world.

It may seem like a ridiculous thing to do, but my shoes were getting dirty...

I'm proud of my clean shoes, so I will share them with you now and you will act amused at my cleaning ability and good taste in shoes.

Here it begins:

I like the cube-look on these shoes. They are Visvim: Free International Laboratory Cubism shoes (and they were anything BUT free T__T) They look rather cool with jeans, but aren't necessarily the most comfy of shoes so I wear them the least.
I'm not the richest of boys, so sometimes even I buy boot-leg. Converses aren't that expensive, I know, but if you can save money, why not? "Top Star" hahaha. Nobody ever really looks this closely anyways so why does it matter if they are real or not. I even wore these kicks when I was on the singing competition and nobody knew. I remember when I was on the show, I kept thinking, "Is someone going to realize these are fake converses?"
They were actually quite dirty in the front, but with my amazing cleaning abilities, they look brand new. MWAHAHAH
My D&G kicks. A gift from a friend, and probably one of my favorite pairs of shoes. They are casual and look good with shorts and pants (and naked). I didn't like how white they were when I got them *something about realllly white shoes bothers me*, but now, after wearing them for awhile, they look more worn and I like them a lot more. I have started dancing in them....but I think I should stop because I don't want to ruin them.



These shoes are quite flashy. They are silver, aluminum-like VANS:Off the Wall shoes I got from Taiwan for when I was on the One Million Star competition. The fashion judge on the show was mentioning how all of us had such dirty shoes, so I got these to avoid his remarks. They are quite cool to wear to parties and even for performances. Surprisingly easy to match with things you wear too. I think people (esp. guys) are usually hesitant to wear colors like this, but I really like the way they look. PARTY SHOES!!!!




These are from the Rudolf Dassler:Schuhfabrik collection by Puma. I really like these shoes. I haven't really worn them as much. You know when you get new shoes? You really want to wear them, but at the same time you're afraid they'll get ruined? That's how I am with these shoes right now. And then, I took Kathy to see the Big Buddha of Hong Kong (look it up if you don't believe me, there's seriously a huge Buddha here) on the muckiest of days and walked through mud in them T___T

I almost cried when I got mud on them, and Kathy just laughed.




My other pair of Rudolf Dassler:Schuhfabrik shoes. I used to not wear these shoes as much because the flap in the front would always fall down so all day, after every 5 steps, I would bend down to pull the flap back up. Then, I got off my lazy ass and I decided to sew the shoes so the flap wouldn't fall over anymore. I don't really know how to sew properly as you might be able to see from the first picture, but as long as it keeps the flap up, I'm happy.


Last, but not least, are my Nike pair. I've had these bitches since my Virginia Tech days and danced in them since 2007. After 3 years, they are still in mint condition (except for some browning on the bottom-but I think it adds flava) I use these shoes to dance in at dance class. The green part was fading, so I used Dark green Prismacolor markers to color it in. Ghhhhettoooooo.... But it works, so I win. I need to get new shoes laces though, I hate seeing old, dirty shoes laces.


Alright, that concludes my Shoe Night blog. Leave your comments if you have any. This night owl is OUT!

PS: For those of you that play Cooking Mama:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Jb5V_txW4

Quote of the day in reference to how I spend my Saturday night cleaning shoes"
J Derek Tran- "you do this at 4 am?"

Thanks very much, Derek for making me sound like such a loser. :P



5 comments:

  1. yay... now i expect you to clean my shoes when you come to la. kthxbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your shoes, love you
    get naked with them and send pix or it didn't happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite is the black Rudolf Dassler:Schuhfabrik. ORGASMIC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yous gots some hot shoes. very euro chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reed has recently gotten into shoes, which for guys is like leveling up an RPG character. "You've reached fashion lvl. 3!" I helped him move to level 2 by getting rid of t-shirts with holes and cargo shorts, lol.

    He bought these shoes in an awesome metallic denim color

    http://zapp.me/7170383

    They go with everything and add a lot of style even just to jeans and black t-shirt.

    My thing with shoes is I need to learn not to wear them every day, all day long. They wear out much faster if you don't let them breathe for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete